I was recently asked to list seven songs that I'm into right now, no matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good. So here you go!
- Arcade Fire - entire Funeral CD
- Johnny Cash & Emmylou Harris "Where the Soul of Man Never Dies" - I love this old gospel song and especially the intricate harmonies that Johnny and Emmylou do in this YouTube video clip. I find myself playing this clip over and over.
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Maps"
- Kelly Clarkson "Since You Been Gone" - This fucking song has been stuck in my head for over a year. Reminds me of all those great Pat Benatar power songs I was in love with when I was an adolescent.
- The Pogues and the Dubliners "The Irish Rover" - Another YouTube video clip I can't stop watching over and over from two of my favorite bands. Great performance!
- Jay-R "My Other Car Is A Beatle" - Awesome mash-up of L'Trimm (cars that go BOOM), Armand Van Helden, Beatles, and Gary Numan)
Downloadable at http://www.bootiesf.com/bestofbootie_2005/
- Bow Wow Wow "Do You Wanna Hold Me" - I loved this song when it first came out in the early '80s but kinda forgot about it. Then while waiting for a flight at the Burbank airport, they played it on the overhead speakers and I was suddenly reminded of how much I loved that song.
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
I just started a new gallery on my website of random pics that I'm shooting with my little Casio point-n-shoot. I guess they can be considered technologically-advanced versions of my phone art pics. They're simply photos that I take on a whim for one reason or another. Take 'em or leave 'em.