Monday, July 30, 2007

Without todays, there won't be any tomorrows

I was saddened to hear the news this morning of the death of Tom Snyder. He played a major part of my development when I was a kid. I remember trying desperately to stay past the Tonight Show to watch the Tomorrow Show. It was there that I was introduced to many pillars of today's alt-culture. I was in awe seeing such acts as Nina Hagen, Iggy Pop, the Plasmatics, the Ramones, Sex Pistols, Public Image Limited, and Elvis Costello. It was also where I first saw John Waters and Divine. I was only 12-years-old but he planted the seeds of what made me who I am today.

The Tomorrow Show - Punk & New Wave

Oddly enough, yesterday I was having conversations about both Tom Snyder and Ingmar Bergman who also died yesterday. Creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment