Monday, September 29, 2008

Wiki Trouble

[UPDATE: This is currently being fixed]

Are there any Wikipedia contributors/editors out there? I used to have an entry but it was deleted back in June. Several other colleagues had their profiles removed as well, namely Charles Gatewood and Christophe Mourthé among others.

The page for my entry is still there at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Diet_Goedde

The deletion log says:
06:02, 10 June 2008 ESkog (Talk | contribs) deleted "Steve Diet Goedde" ‎
(G12: Blatant copyright infringement: no revisions had anything that wasn't ripped from the linked page)


I'm not sure what kind of copyright infringement was involved. I don't even understand that last sentence in the above quote. I had approved two of my images for use in the article and followed all their usage rules. That had been done a few years prior to the removal. So I have no idea what happened. So if anyone is interested in restoring my page, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide any biographical information.

No comments:

Post a Comment