Monday, October 26, 2009

Pinhole Photography, Ohio 2009

Youngstown Ohio, Pinhole Capture 2009
On a recent trip to Ohio to meet my girlfriend's family, Liz took me around to many of the abandoned buildings in this once-thriving industrial city. I documented many of these locations with a Holga 35mm pinhole camera. These were all shot handheld with a minimum 10 second exposure. I opted not to use a tripod in order to give them a more painterly, organic texture. I processed the film in my kitchen and then scanned the negatives with my Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED.

Click on above image for more images.

1 comment:

  1. this is a nice series of work. i was surprised this morning when i stumbled upon this blog entry.
    i have enjoyed your fetish work for years now, you've inspired me and blown me away.
    this series of work is great to see. i think that the exploration of the camera and image making is being lost to digital.
    it's great to see your 'street' photography mixed in with everything else you produce.
    again, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete