Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Lost Gina Velour Pics


In 1999, I shot a roll of film with my long-time collaborator Gina Velour. Either I fucked up the light reading or the lab severely underdeveloped the roll of film, but the negatives were virtually useless. I tried my best to print the images in the darkroom but no matter how many times I experimented with the contrast filters and exposure times, I could NOT get a decent print.

Now in 2005, I decided to scan the negs with my new Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 film scanner. The scans turned out perfect. I didn't even have to adjust the tones afterwards. I am amazed at the amount of tonal depth from a negative that basically has none. In these scans, the dark areas show just the perfect amount of shadow detail and nothing is over-exposed in the highlights. I am in awe of technology right now!

1 comment: